Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat in the Alps
11 June @ 16:00 - 15 June @ 11:00 CEST
Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat in the Alps
It’s rare to find a retreat that’s not just Ayurveda in name, but gives you a genuine Ayurvedic rejuvenation experience, and that’s exactly what you’ll get with Atma retreats. We take the core elements of the Vitality Recharge annual program that are so effective at helping members transform their health, mindset and inner connectivity, and blend them with a blissful tridoshic yoga practice. The result is a powerful
An Atma Ayurveda retreat experience
We want to make this experience truly special for you and create a genuine healing experience of Ayurveda & Yoga. Take time out to experience deep healing and rejuvenation.
be inspired to initiate or deepen your own healthy lifestyle .
- Immerse yourself in authentic Ayurveda and learn with Susan Renee Pulley & Marije Hoekstra
- Practice the Ayurveda daily elements that support deep rejuvenation
- Have an easeful time absorbing by doing, and be able to take home the techniques
- Relax and unwind with a great group of engaging people
- Enjoy the ideal location to unplug and enjoy the beauty of nature
- Experience peace and quiet for the mind, refreshing energy for the body
- Susan & Marije draw from our collective experience in authentic Ayurveda & classic yoga
- Activities include transformative healing practices, from hatha yoga, qi gong, sacred meditations, learning Ayurvedic bodywork and practicing with partners, Ayurvedic home spa techniques, inspirations from the philosophy of yoga, and fun collaborative activities to uplift and transform your life
- Take home the Ayurvedic daily routine, and learn to work with your body type to continue supporting you for months after
- Strengthen your fitness and mentally recharge
- Recover from a long period of stressful work or family situations
- Reconnect to yourself if it’s been too long or you’re feeling disconnected
- Pause to let the beauty of nature refresh you and restrengthen you
- Take refuge in place where you can care for yourself without distractions
What’s Included in this Retreat
- 4 nights INCLUDING shared accommodation at Chatel, a small village in the French Alps. An Ayurveda retreat with yoga and nature activities in the rural mountains.
- Original bedrooms in Alps chalet with gorgeous views
- Learn & live an authentic Ayurvedic lifestyle.
- Delicious healthy food cooked in accordance with Ayurvedic guidelines:
- “Breaking the fast” with light bite after yoga.
- Lunch is a vegetarian feast and featured meal of the day as per Ayurvedic guidelines will keep you going for the day with a bright, energetic feeling
- Nourishing healthy evening meal
- Fruits and herbal infusions and teas all day long.
- Learn more with an Ayurvedic explanation of dishes & take home the delicious recipes!
- Guided Ayurvedic daily morning practices incl morning self care techniques and meditation
- Morning meditation and singing mantras
- Join organized activities like hiking and cycling through pine trees with fresh air and amazing vistas
- Daily 2 hr Hatha yoga lessons with full breathing practices & savasana
- Yogic breathing techniques
- Ayurveda & Yoga inspiring talks throughout the experience
- Evening stillness practices to deeply decompress: yin yoga, qi gong, meditations
- A break from screens ( but Free Wifi available for necessary communication)
How to Get There
It’s easy to get to Chatel, to the guesthouse La Chaumiere Chalet. You fly to Geneva airport. Flights are typically available from Amsterdam to Geneva through Easyjet and KLM. Here are examples:
- June 11th 2020: 7:00, 9:00, 9:40
- June 15th 2020: 13:10, 14:10, 15:15, 18:30, 19:15
From Geneva airport you can arrange a (shared) transfer to Chatel, which will only take you one hour and 15 minutes. We can arrange a shared shuttle for our group to and from Chatel.
Course Cost & Price
Cost of Program
The program fee for current members of Vitality Recharge program is waived.
The program fee for non-members of Vitality Recharge is:
Cost of Accomodation & Food
The costs for the accommodation and food start at € 506,- on the basis of 5 nights in a shared room at the Chalet La Chaumiere and includes full board (3 vegetarian meals per day, plus tea and snacks). Once you have booked your spot in the retreat using the link below, we will get in touch with you via e-mail to discuss your accomodation selection and requirements (please indicate in case you snore or have frequent nightmares). You will then receive payment instructions for these accomodation fees, depending on the room of your choice.
Not included in price are: travel costs to- and from the retreat centre (including flight and shuttle), travel insurance (highly recommended), local activities, local tourist tax (approximately €1/night), recommended books, arranging an Ayurvedic massage during the retreat.
The retreat starts on June 11th at 16:00. Plan to arrive at the chalet on June 11th around 12:00 -14:00 to settle in. At 16:00 we will come together as a group to begin.
The retreat will end on June 15th around 10:00 after morning practice. Breakfast will then be served and you’ll have time afterwards to pack and empty your room.
We stronly advise you not to arrive after the start of the retreat or leave before it has ended, as this would be meaning missing important elements of the program.
Marije Hoekstra of Durga Yoga is the local host, and she will act as retreat concierge and contribute meditation and yoga lessons, and lead outdoor activities.
Susan Pulley of Atma Ayurveda will facillitate the Ayurvedic aspects of the retreat experience, and contribute meditation, yoga and mindfulness lessons.