November means winter is coming! Which means we have some lovely cool weather recipes for you this month!
Simple Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 (1kg or 2-2½lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 700-950ml (3-4 cups) vegetable broth
- 2-4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the squash over a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle squash with salt and toss to combine. Spread out the squash again on the baking sheet.
- Roast the squash for 30-40 minutes, or until tender and the edges are starting to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, lower heat to med-low, and stir until caramelized. Season with salt (optional).
- When the squash and onions are finished cooking, let them cool and add to blender or food processor + 3 cups of vegetable broth + 2-3 tsp. of balsamic vinegar. Puree until smooth!
- Season as needed with additional salt, pepper, or balsamic vinegar.
Pistachio-Apple Bars with Chia Seeds (Servings 14)
- 85g (1/3 cup) cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 31g (1 1/4 cups) puffed barley cereal
- 25g (1 cup) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 30g (1/4 cup) finely chopped dried apple
- 30g (1/4 cup) chopped sweetened dried cranberries
- 50g (1/3 cup) chopped dry-roasted pistachios
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon black chia seeds
- honey to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix cashew butter, olive oil, vanilla, and salt.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, combine cereal, oats, apple, cranberries, and pistachios.
- Pour cashew mixture over barley mixture, and toss gently to combine.
- Press into an 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the top with chia seeds, pressing down lightly to stick them to the mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, then brush honey over if you like. Cool, slice, and enjoy!
Creamy Tomato Soup with Chicken! (Servings 4-6)
- 2 x 14.5 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup bone broth or water
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- In a large soup pot, stir together the tomatoes, broth or water, pepper, salt, basil, and oil.
- Place chicken in the pot, covering the chicken as much as possible.
- Cook on medium heat, covered, for 25 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, remove the chicken from the liquid, and let cool on a plate.
- Blend soup with a blender. Then, add in coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Pour the liquid back in the pot and add the cooked chicken. Cook on medium for about 5 more minutes and serve.
Everyone’s Favorite Roasted Vegetables
- 1 bunch Asparagus, Ends Cut Off, Chopped Into 2-3 Inch Pieces
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 227g (8 oz.) Mushrooms (any Kind), quartered or halved
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped into cubes
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. steak seasoning (your favorite brand)
- 78ml (1/3 cup) Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix all of the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and steak seasonings.
- Gently toss to coat all of the veggies.
- Spread veggies out on two baking sheets.
- Roast for 20 minutes, shaking the pans 2x while roasting. If needed, roast for an additional 5-10 minutes.