Sautéed Pears & Plums
• 1 firm red pear, cored and thinly sliced
• 2 plums, thinly sliced
• 37.5 g (1/4 cup) sunflower seeds
• 32.5 g (1/4 cup) pumpkin seeds
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for cooking
• 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
• 1 small garlic clove, minced
• 126-169 g (6-8 cups) arugula
• Generous pinch of sea salt
• Black pepper
1. Heat a large pan over med-low heat. Add 1-tablespoon olive oil. Sauté the pears for 2-3 minutes per side, until soft and brown around the edges. Set aside. Repeat with the plums.
2. Meanwhile, toast seeds in a dry skillet over med-low heat. Stir to prevent burning (about 3-5 minutes).
3. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar and garlic until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Toss arugula with the dressing. Top with the seeds and fruit. Season to taste.
Spicy Oven-Roasted Okra (Servings 4)
• 453.5 g (1 pound) fresh okra, rinsed and dried thoroughly
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (double for extra spicy!)
• 78 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Trim tops and bottom tips off of the okra. Cut okra in half lengthwise.
3. In a mixing bowl, toss the okra, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and olive oil together.
4. On a baking pan, spread the okra and roast for 15 -20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Honey Chicken Kabobs!
• 78 ml (1⁄4 cup) vegetable oil
• 113 g (1⁄3 cup) honey
• 75ml (1⁄3 cup) soy sauce
• 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
• 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast, halves cut into 1 inch cubes
• 2 clove garlic
• 5 small onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
• 2 red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
• 2 zucchini
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper.
2. Set aside a few tablespoons before adding the chicken (to brush kabobs while cooking)
3. Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers in the bowl, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.
4. Preheat the grill on high heat.
5. Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables and discard marinade. Alternate placing the veggies and chicken on the skewers.
6. Place skewers on the grill and cook for 12 to 15 minutes. Brush frequently with marinade and flip often. Remove from the grill when juices run clear.