Beat the heat this summer with these delicious Ayurvedic Summer recipes to enjoy this month!
Deliciously Stuffed Sweet Mini-Peppers!
• Mini Sweet Peppers (1 – 2 packages), washed
• 1 Avocado
• 25g (1/2 cup) of Cilantro
• 150g (1 cup) of Red Onion
• 1 clove of Garlic
• 1 Mango
• 2 Roma Tomatoes
• Juice of 1 Lime
• Juice of 1 Orange
• 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
• 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1 tablespoon of Honey
• 1 tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to broil. Once the oven is warm, using tongs, place the peppers directly on the oven rack. Cook the peppers for about 10 minutes. When peppers start shriveling, remove them from the oven.
2. Cut mango and avocado into cubes, mince the garlic, chop the cilantro, red onion and tomato. Combine into in a mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the orange and lime juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and cayenne pepper together.
4. Pour the dressing over the avocado and mango mixture and gently toss to combine.
5. Take your roasted mini sweet peppers, cut them in half (lengthwise), and de-seed them.
6. Stuff with the mixture and ENJOY!!! YUM!
Easy Melon Sorbet
• Any of your favorite melons! Just make sure they are super-ripe! (cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon)
1. Cut your melon into cubes, and freeze it in a Ziploc bag.
2. Once the fruit is completely frozen, place the melon in a food processor, and puree. You may need to add water to smooth.
3. Serve right away. Enjoy! 😋
Tip: Always eat melon on its own, 3 hours min. away from other foods. Ice drinks only on uber hot days! Think about a pinch of black pepper or cayenne .
Tropi “Kale” Smoothie! (Servings 2)
• 113 g (2 cups) kale (packed tight)
• 1 small banana, previously peeled
• 50 g (1/2 cup) mango
• 115 g (1/2 cup) pineapple
• 1 inch ginger peeled and roughly chopped
• 125 ml (1/2 cup) full fat coconut milk
• 118 ml (1/2 cup) water, more if needed
1. Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend!